Youth Theatre Northwest is a non-profit organization run by only 5 full time staff members so we need lots of volunteers to get everything done! This is also a great way to earn community service hours.
Volunteer Options for Students
Internships (for college and high school students)
Youth Theatre Northwest offers a variety of unpaid internship opportunities for college and high school students, educators and emerging theatre artists. Our staff of theatre professionals will create an internship that is focused on your interests and educational objectives.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Drama Education Assistants
- Production Designer Assistants for Set, Costume, and Lighting
- Assistant Director (College students only)
- Marketing and Operational Assistants (Marketing, Development and other)
To inquire further, please submit a letter of interest to Mimi Katano, Executive Artistic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Service (for high school students)
If you’re a student and looking for a fun and meaningful organization to fill your community service hours for your school, we have a variety of facility or office-related work you can perform. To inquire further, contact our Business Manager, Stephanie Bull, at email@example.com.
Volunteer Options for Adults:
1. Publicity - Help run the booth at summer celebration and other events (e.g. school and JCC festivals), prepare mailings for our annual appeal and gala, help with posting advertisements and posters for shows, and delivering fliers.
Contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2. Gala Committee - Help plan the annual Gala fundraiser, either by serving on the committee or helping the week (and day!) of to set up. Contact Katie at email@example.com for more information.
3. Theatre Magic Helpers - Lots of ways to help in this committee - you don't have to be able to do everything listed! We often need people for help on discrete tasks, like moving and hauling set pieces, helping set up or take down the stage, risers, and set, doing odd jobs like going to Costco to pick up concessions, or helping with costumes (sewing or things like labeling that require no sewing skills!).
Contact Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4. YTN Board - Interested in finding out more about joining the YTN Board?
Contact Mimi at email@example.com.