Financial Aid Information
Youth Theatre Northwest firmly believes that all youth should experience the magic of live theatre.
We offer scholarships, work study, and payment plans for all of our programming. It is our goal at Youth Theatre Northwest to never turn away a child because of the parents' inability to pay tuition.
Please note that all scholarship, payment plan, and work study paperwork must be turned in two weeks prior to the start date for class or at production callbacks.
Regardless of scholarship status, Youth Theatre Northwest offers monthly payment plans to any parents who would like to split their balance up between multiple payments. Payment plans are by credit or debit card only, charged on the 15th of each month, and may be set up through the Managing Director, Stephanie Bull at Stephanie@youththeatre.org.
Available for students 7th grade and up.
Work Study Scholarships are:
• Confidential, and use the students' work to pay for tuition.
• Awarded to students whose parents will not or cannot pay YTN tuition, but who do not qualify for need-based scholarships.
• Available for ALL classes and productions.
• Available as long as funds are available.
Please see the table below for Work Study options:
YTN will ONLY match completed work-study hours. Any incomplete hours left by the end of the season will be owed financially by the family.
Hours must be completed within the season the application was submitted
Need Based Scholarship Awards:
- Are confidential and awarded to students based on financial need.
- Cover from 25% to 100% of tuition cost.
- Are available for ALL YTN programs.
- Are available as long as funds are available
- Can be awarded for specific programs or on a yearly basis, providing support for enrolling in classes, participating in productions, or a combination of both.
Applicants must qualify under one of the following eligibility criteria listed:
- Currently be eligible for governmental support program such as Food Stamps, School Lunch program, Section 8 Housing Assistance program, etc.
- Currently qualify under the family income guideline as stated by the Washington State Housing and Urban Development.
- Experiencing current financial crisis in the family preventing program participation.
Our scholarships can be awarded for specific programs or on a bi-yearly basis, providing support for enrolling in classes, participating in productions, or a combination of both.
Specific program - Covers program duration.
General class/camp - Lasts two years, covers one class per school quarter and two summer camps.
General production - Lasts two years, covers two school year productions (or one conservatory) and one summer production.
General program - Lasts two years, covers one class per quarter OR two school year productions (or one conservatory) AND two summer camps OR one summer production.