YTN’s Summer 2020
Covid-19 Response Timeline
Last Updated: July 2, 2020
Youth Theatre Northwest remains committed to providing quality arts education and enrichment, while adhering to the current public health restrictions and guidelines. As always, the health and safety of our students, teaching artists, and staff remain our top priority. With Phases of Reopening taking effect, YTN will adhere to those guidelines concerning distancing, cleaning, and safety.
While our offices are still physically closed, we are up and running online.
We know our students and families (as well as ourselves) are eager to know what’s going to happen this summer! We are working on multiple plans and below you will find a schedule for when we will announce our new plans, based on what is feasible within the current and projected guidelines.
ALL DECISIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME,
as new information is released from the Governor’s Office.
July 13 - August 28: YTN plans to offer camps both online and in-person, if government guidelines allow, and with safety precautions in effect.
Onsite precautions include (but are not limited to):
- check-in will take place at the student’s car where staff will verify completed screening
- limiting session sizes (6 students per group for 90 minute sessions)
- classroom materials will not be shared amongst students until cleaned
- shorter session times to limit long-term exposure risk
- staggered arrival and departure times to limit number families on-site
- each group has own assigned zone with its classroom, restroom, and outdoors space.
- maximizing air flow where/when possible
- rigorous, regular cleaning following CDC guidelines
- the playground will remain closed
- groups will utilize outdoor areas as much as possible
- musical theatre classes will have video instruction to view and rehearse at home. No singing will happen in-person.
- students be delivered to their vehicle after class, no sign-out on campus.